Wednesday 3 December 2014

Development Of My Production

The poster

I have decided to change my idea for my poster design slightly because it will be quite difficult to find an abandoned hotel to photograph for the main image on my poster. Instead, I am going to have a photograph of one of the protagonists as my main image because it will be much easier to go about doing and I can edit the photo to help it fit in with the genres of horror and supernatural by adding small details such as blood. The photograph could be a silhouette to convey emotions such as mystery and the protagonist would be behind a window to show that they are trapped. An additional idea for a poster is to have four hands against a window which also symbolises that the characters are trapped and immediately informs the audience that there are numerous characters in my series. I am still including the title of my TV series along with one of the slogans on the poster and using the same font as I stated in my proposal as I believe it is very effective and will still work with the image of a protagonist. This is an initial idea for a poster layout but I will continue to develop it as currently, it looks too simple so could be more effective.




The t-shirt

Instead of having a simple black or white t-shirt to choose from, I would like to have more interesting and fashionable designs that members of my audience are very likely to wear. I am also considering having a logo on the top right hand corner of the t-shirts because a slogan by itself its too simple and does not look as creative as it would with a logo. Here are some examples below:


The mug

I have made some slight changes to how I would like my mug design to be. I am still keeping the colour themes of black and red/white and red and still putting a different photograph of a protagonist on each of the mugs so the audience have various options to choose. However, instead of having the title of the TV show on the handle, I am going to have a slogan on the mug itself because I believe it would be more effective and noticeable. Here is an example below:




New Ideas 

I have decided to create a jumper which features the title of my TV series (possessed) because my other products feature slogans. It also includes a silhouette of four of the protagonist's on the front as I believe it looks very effective and on the back, there is an image of a devil to represent how some of my characters become possessed during the series as a result of their nightmares. I have also added blood splats at the back because it links in with the theme of my mug as I would like my merchandise to have similar colours and styles to them.



I have also decided to create a collection of pin badges because they are original and the people within my audience are likely to buy them as they are collectables which are small and cheap. I have also made my badges have a similar theme to the rest of my merchandise and I have also insured that they are quite detailed and very effective so they will attract my audience's attention, meaning they are more likely to buy the product. Here are some examples below:



No comments:

Post a Comment