Thursday 20 November 2014

Production Proposal

What I am planning on making:

  • Poster design
  • T-shirt design
  • Mug design 
The poster: The poster would include: the title of the show; the slogan; the setting (the haunted hotel) and possibly the male and female protagonists of the show. I am doing a poster because I know it is something my audience (teenagers aged 15-19) would be interested in buying as it is not ‘immature’ and it will help to convey the overall tone of my show.

I would use a font that is similar to this because it is dramatic looking therefore immediately informs my audience that the TV show is based  upon the genres of horror and supernatural. Additionally, this font is very bold and eye-catching so would stand out on the poster. 




I would like to use a hotel that looks similar to this because the dark colours are very intense and they represent mystery and the unknown. 





Possible slogans I could use on my poster: 
  • Don't dream it
  • Only one way out
  • Who will escape? 
  • Don't close your eyes
The t-shirt: 

For my t-shirt, I would have a simple colour such as black or white for the background and in the centre of the shirt, I would have one of the slogans in the font used for the title on the poster. The colour of the slogan would be contrasting to the colour of the shirt, for example, if the shirt was black, the font would be white. I feel that due to its simplicity, more people within my audience are likely to buy it and I have chosen to use black and white because they are multi-sex colours that appeal to both the males and females within my audience.





The mug: The mug would be either black or white with a red inside and a red handle. The red colour symbolises blood and danger and it would also be dripping down the sides of the mug to put more emphasis on it. There would be various mug designs to choose from, each having an image of a different character from the TV show on it. This way, members of my audience can buy a mug which has their favourite character on it, rather than having limited options to choose from. The title will be written along the side of the handle so it is clear as to what TV show the mug is for and the same font will be used as the font for the poster and t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment