Saturday 5 December 2015

News Article 26

Syria air strikes: RAF jets carry out second mission



Source of the story: BBC News (breaking news flash)

RAF jets have carried out their second set of air strikes in Syria since MPs backed military action against so-called Islamic State in the country.
It is understood the targets were oil fields again, and the mission involved two Typhoons and two Tornados.
On Thursday, four Tornado jets launched the first air strikes, hitting the Omar oil fields in eastern Syria.
MPs backed UK military action against IS in Syria, by 397 votes to 223, after a 10-hour Commons debate on Wednesday.
My opinion on the story:
Since I heard about this story on Thursday, I have been following it and personally, I feel that is a very big risk to take. I just don't understand how paying back violence with violence is going to solve anything? Surely by bombing Syria, we are therefore victimising ourselves to ISIS and they are more likely to attack us. Furthermore, innocent people are very likely to die during these air strikes, and whether it is very few or hundreds/thousands/millions, it is still innocent people dying who have absolutely no reason to. With the votes being 397 to 223, it still shows that a large amount of MPs were strongly against it and I believe they definitely jumped to a conclusion too quick. So overall, I am struggling to see any benefit of our government doing this and I think that it will sadly, only lead to retaliation and then we are caught in the cycle of war.  

No comments:

Post a Comment